Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Man, these last few weeks have been crazy! We have had a lot going on, no excuse to not be keeping in contact with my family though.
Just to catch you up, Nick was laid off at UPS, fortunately, he was able to get a job at another Target store about a month before, so at least we have that. I was having such a hard time at work that I was thinking of quiting despite our new found financial situation. Thinks are looking up though, the person I was having problems with left so now we have a new Store Manager. Change can be so hard sometimes. I was so use to the way that he did things and the way that he wanted things and now this new girl is the exact opposite. We were all hoping for someone more involved and more hands on and we go it, she is on the other end of where he was and I will admit, it has been a struggle to get use to. It is never easy to handle when some one comes in and on their second day is questioning the way you do your job, and the way you have been doing your job for that past year.

Many good things have come out of all of this change though. Nick and I are getting to spend so much more time together and we are absolutely loving it! Instead of going and renting a movie we now play games together, read, do something with the dogs or spend more time with our families. This might have been just what we needed in order to get us back on track, to stop focusing so much on things that don't matter at all and start working on our marriage and our relationship.

I have also decided that I think I want to go back to church. We haven't been going for about six months now, ever since we got married. I was having a really hard time with the people, and just my own personal feeling from things that have happened in the past and ruined my view of the church. After going this long without it though I have realized that that is what I need in my life. Going to church, and living it's teachings are hard, and we will all always work on it but I figure even if I don't believe in everything, and don't practice everything, it's better than nothing right? I think right now in my life I just need that stability and that extra guidance and support you get from going every Sunday and from the people in the church. Hopefully we will find some good friends in our ward that we can learn from and grow with.

Well that will be all for tonight, hope this finds you all well.

Susan and Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment